John Bender is a problematic student at Shermer High School. He is the criminal of the group and the main protagonist anti-hero in the 1985 film, The Breakfast Club. He started out as a minor antagonist, finding enjoyment out of provoking and getting under the skin of everyone around him. He has an alcoholic father who once burned a cigar on his arm for spilling paint in the garage. This has given him the message that violence is the solution to problems. At the end of the film he falls in love with Claire.
Bender is not really a good guy, but a good side is shown when, to keep the other students out of trouble, he distracts the principal and sends them back to the library. Richard Vernon caught him in the gym and sent him to a closet and tried to pick a fight with him. But he backed down and also went back to the library and starts bonding with the group. The day was almost over he made it back to the closet just in time, he has two more months left in detention and maybe it will help him become a better person.
In this post, we will guide you on how to dress up as John Bender for Halloween. We will show you what items you need to create the perfect John Bender costume and provide you with a step-by-step guide to make it happen. Plus, we will give you tips on how to act like John Bender at the Halloween party. So, get ready to rock the Bender Breakfast Club outfit!
John Bender Costume
How To Dress Like John Bender From The Breakfast Club
If you want to dress up like John Bender for Halloween, you will need to gather a few items to create his iconic outfit. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to dress like the criminal of Shermer High School:
- Long-Sleeve Plaid Shirt - Start with a long-sleeve plaid shirt in red and black. John Bender is often seen wearing a plaid shirt, which is essential for his outfit.
- Long-Sleeve White T-Shirt - Underneath the plaid shirt, wear a plain long-sleeve white t-shirt. This will add an extra layer to the outfit and keep you warm on a chilly Halloween night.
- Denim Jacket - Put on a denim jacket over the plaid shirt. The jacket should be light-colored and preferably ripped or distressed, as this is typical of Bender's style.
- Straight Fit Work Pant - Wear straight fit work pants in dark blue or black. These pants should be well-fitted and have a rugged look.
- Red Scarf For Men - Tie a red scarf around your neck. This adds a pop of color to the outfit and is a signature accessory of John Bender.
- Polarized Sunglasses - Wear a pair of polarized sunglasses with a black frame. These will complete the look and give you Bender's cool and rebellious vibe.
- Large Bandana - Tie a large bandana around your forehead. This is an optional item, but it will add an extra element of toughness to your costume.
- Brown Wig - Bender has a distinctive hairstyle with long and shaggy brown hair. You can either grow your hair out or wear a wig to complete the look.
- Fingerless Leather Gloves - Add a pair of fingerless leather gloves to the outfit. This is another optional item, but it will give you Bender's edgy and rebellious look.
- Black Combat Boots - Finish the outfit with a pair of black combat boots. These boots should be well-worn and have a rugged look, just like Bender's.
With these items, you will be able to create an authentic John Bender costume and impress all of your friends at the Halloween party.
John Bender Cosplay
If you want to fully embody John Bender, it's not just about what you wear - it's also about how you act. Here are a few tips to help you channel his rebellious spirit:
- Be sarcastic and quick-witted. John Bender is known for his sharp tongue and sarcastic humor. Use this to your advantage by making quick comebacks and sarcastic remarks throughout the night.
- Embody the "bad boy" attitude. John Bender has a tough exterior and isn't afraid to push boundaries. Be confident and unapologetic in your actions, and don't be afraid to break a few rules.
- Show off your dance moves. In one of the most iconic scenes from the film, John Bender breaks out into a spontaneous dance in the library. Don't be afraid to do the same and show off your best moves on the dance floor.
- Connect with someone unexpected. John Bender forms a surprising connection with Claire, the "princess" of the group. Try to connect with someone at the party who you might not normally interact with, and see where the night takes you.
By combining these tips with your John Bender costume, you'll be sure to impress at any Halloween party. Just remember to stay true to the character and have fun with it!
John Bender Halloween Costume
In conclusion, dressing up as John Bender from The Breakfast Club for Halloween is a great way to show off your love for the movie and its iconic characters. With the step-by-step guide we provided, you should have no trouble putting together the perfect outfit for your Bender cosplay.
Don't forget to also channel your inner Bender and act the part at your Halloween party. Embodying his rebellious spirit and quick wit will help you fully embrace the character and impress your friends with your dedication to the costume.
We hope this guide has been helpful to you and that you have a blast at your Halloween party as the one and only John Bender. And as always, we welcome your comments and feedback below.