Austin Powers is one of the most iconic movie characters of all time, and dressing up as him for Halloween is sure to be a hit. Whether you're a fan of his over-the-top humor, unforgettable catchphrases, or his groovy style, there are plenty of ways to put together a killer Austin Powers costume. Here's a guide to help you transform into the International Man of Mystery this Halloween:
Austin Powers Costume
You will need the following items to dress like Austin Powers:
- Blue Velvet Suit For Men
- White Dress Shirt
- Colonial Lace Jabot Cuffs Set
- Short Wig For Men
- Oversized Black Eyeglasses
- Fake Halloween Teeth
- Brown Chelsea Boot
- Deluxe Austin Powers Costume
- Austin Powers Costume For Kids
- Austin Powers Costume For Women
Austin Powers' look won't look complete without his arc enemy, Dr. Evil, or if you are up for a group cosplay, get your friends to dress up as Vanessa Kensington, Fembot and Foxxy Cleopatra to complete the gang.
How To Dress Like Austin Powers
- The Suit: No Austin Powers costume would be complete without his signature velvet suit. Look for a brightly colored suit, preferably in either blue or purple. You could also add a ruffled shirt to complete the look. To take it a step further, add a medallion necklace and some flashy rings.
- The Wig: Austin Powers' shaggy, blonde hair is a must-have for any costume. Look for a wig with long, flowing locks that you can tease into the perfect style.
- The Glasses: Round, wire-frame glasses are another crucial component of an Austin Powers costume. Find a pair of oversized glasses with clear lenses to complete the look.
- The Accessories: To really complete the Austin Powers look, don't forget to add a few accessories. You could wear a large, gold watch, add a fake mustache, and carry a faux gun.
Austin Powers Cosplay
Once you've put together your Austin Powers costume, it's time to get into character. Here are a few tips to help you act like the International Man of Mystery at your Halloween party:
- Use His Catchphrases: Austin Powers is famous for his hilarious catchphrases like "Yeah, baby!" and "Oh, behave!" Use these catchphrases throughout the night to really sell your costume.
- Be Confident: Austin Powers is all about confidence. Walk around the party with your head held high and don't be afraid to strut your stuff on the dance floor.
- Flirt with Everyone: Austin Powers is known for his flirty personality, so don't be shy about flirting with everyone at the party. Use his playful charm to win over the crowd.
- Dance the Night Away: No Austin Powers party is complete without some groovy dance moves. Get out on the dance floor and show off your best moves.
- Have Fun: Above all, Austin Powers is all about having fun. Don't take yourself too seriously and enjoy the night with your friends.
Austin Powers Halloween Costume
Sir Austin Danger Powers (Mike Myers) is an eccentric British man. His fashion style is even more eccentric than his personality, however nearly all women around him find him tempting, maybe because of his eccentricities, and maybe his self-confidence or maybe both. Whatever the reason, Austin is a popular dude in the movie and even more popular in cosplay world. If you want to horse around with your friends this Halloween, what better excuse can you find? All you need is the items above that we find for you + some confidence, lots of it!
Austin Powers Costume Ideas
Here are some other characters your friends can dress up as to complete the Austin Powers group:
- Vanessa Kensington: She is a British spy who helps Austin Powers in his mission to stop Dr. Evil, and she has a memorable 60s-inspired wardrobe that includes brightly colored minidresses and go-go boots.
- Dr. Evil - The main antagonist in the Austin Powers series, Dr. Evil is known for his bald head, pinky finger, and evil schemes. To get his look, wear a gray suit, use makeup to create his bald head, and carry a mini-me doll or a fake cat.
- Fembot - As you mentioned, Vanessa Kensington is revealed to be a Fembot, which is a female robot sent to seduce and kill Austin Powers. To dress up as a Fembot, wear a silver metallic bodysuit, a silver wig, and carry a toy gun.
- Foxxy Cleopatra - A character introduced in the third Austin Powers film, Goldmember, Foxxy Cleopatra is a 1970s-era spy and love interest for Austin. To get her look, wear a colorful jumpsuit, afro wig, and large hoop earrings.
These characters would make for a great group costume and would be sure to get some attention at any Halloween party!