Are you a fan of Wes Anderson's quirky movies? If so, you might be interested in dressing up as Steve Zissou from the film "The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" for Halloween this year. Here's a guide on how to create a Steve Zissou costume that's sure to impress.
Steve Zissou Costume
You will need the following items for your Steve Zissou Halloween costume:
- Steve Zissou Costume
- Life Aquatic Belafonte Model Boat
- Alternative: LEGO Ocean Exploration Ship,
- Casio Men's Dive Watch
- Tactical Right Handed Leg Holster
- Glock Air Pistol
- Adidas Zissou Sneakers
- Alternative: adidas Superstar Shoes
- Yellow Shoe Lace
How To Dress Like Steve Zissou From The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
Dress like Steve Zissou from The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou;
Steve Zissou's Uniform: Steve wears a simple uniform consisting of a short sleeve button up shirt which is darker in the button area and matching pants. You can use regular blue shirts or scrubs if you don't want to invest in the costume. Also, don't forget a red beanie.
Steve Zissou's Adidas Shoes: Steve's shoes are modified versions of adidas 1959 Rom. After 13 years of constant requests from fans of The Life Aquatic, adidas finally produced 100 pairs of limited editions adidas Zissou sneakers, which as you guessed sold out in a couple of minutes. As they were produced only 100 pairs, it is not easy and cheap to get these sneakers. You have to open your wallet a bit wide for these shoes. However, you can use adidas Superstar sneakers with blue strips just as good with little modifications.
Steve Zissou's Model Belafonte: Steve's boat's name is Belafonte. Finding the model of this boat is as hard as finding adidas Zissous and even much more costly. If you are serious about your Steve Zissou cosplay, we dropped a link for you. Otherwise, you can go for another similar model boat.
Steve Murray Cosplay
If you're planning to dress up as Steve Zissou for Halloween, you have a fun character to embody! Steve Zissou, played by Bill Murray in the film, is a unique and eccentric character, so here are some tips on how to act like him:
- Embrace the dry, deadpan humor: Steve Zissou has a very dry sense of humor, so try to keep your jokes subtle and understated.
- Show off your adventurous side: Steve Zissou is a world-renowned oceanographer and documentary filmmaker, so channel your inner adventurer by talking about exotic sea creatures, exploring shipwrecks, and other daring feats.
- Don't be afraid to be a little quirky: Steve Zissou is known for his unique fashion sense, which includes a red beanie and a blue jumpsuit with "Team Zissou" printed on it. Embrace your quirky side and don't be afraid to stand out.
- Channel your inner leader: Steve Zissou is the leader of his documentary film crew, so channel your inner leader by taking charge of your group of friends and leading them in fun activities throughout the party.
- Show off your sentimental side: Despite his tough exterior, Steve Zissou is a deeply sentimental character who cares deeply about his friends and crew. So don't be afraid to show your softer side by sharing heartfelt stories or sentimental moments with your friends.
Overall, have fun with the character and embrace his quirks and eccentricities. Happy Halloween!
Steve Zissou Halloween Costume
Milena Cononero, a renowned costume designer famous for her works with director Stanley Kubrick on films such as A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, and The Shining, also designed the costumes for Wes Anderson's The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Cononero also worked with Anderson on other films like The Darjeeling Limited and The Grand Budapest Hotel. Rumors suggest that the costumes in The Life Aquatic were inspired by the Star Trek's class A commander uniforms from the 2270s.
Steve Zissou's character was tailor-made for Bill Murray, who Anderson had previously worked with on Rushmore. Anderson wanted Zissou's character to embody a mix of Jacques Cousteau, Marcello Mastroianni's character Guido Anselmi from Fellini's 8½, and Murray himself. Murray has appeared in all of Wes Anderson's films except for Rocket in a Bottle.
The Belafonte, the boat used in the film, was a real British minesweeper launched in 1958 and originally named HMS Packington. Later sold to the South African Navy, it was renamed SAS Walvis Bay and eventually purchased by production designers for The Life Aquatic in Cape Town. The boat was towed to Italy before being restored by an anonymous millionaire in 2006 and is now docked in Dubai, serving as a yacht named the Mojo.