If you're a fan of Tim Burton's classic movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas", you know that Oogie Boogie is one of the most iconic villains of the story. With his creepy looks and sinister personality, Oogie Boogie is a popular choice for Halloween costumes. In this guide, we'll show you how to create an Oogie Boogie costume that will make you the star of the party.
Oogie Boogie Costume
You will need the following items for your Oogie Boogie Halloween costume:
- Coffee Color Knit Sweater Dress
- Oogie Boogie Vinyl Mask
- Trolli Sour Brite Crawlers
- Nightmare Before Christmas Premium Dice Set
- Green Glow In The Dark Paint
- Skechers Men's Status 2.0
- Adult Oogie Boogie Costume
- Oogie Boogie Costume For Kids
Get some of your friends to dress up as The Grinch, Bad Santa, Mean Girls, Buddy the Elf, Cindy Lou Who, Kevin and Pigeon Lady from Home Alone, Ellen Griswold, Jack Skellington, Oogie Boogie, and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas for the best Christmas party ever.
How To Dress Like Oogie Boogie From The Nightmare Before Christmas
The first thing you'll need for your Oogie Boogie costume is a burlap sack. You can either buy one or make your own by cutting a large piece of burlap fabric and sewing it into a sack shape. Don't forget to leave enough space for your head, arms, and legs to fit through.
Next, you'll need to create the face of Oogie Boogie. You can use a combination of makeup and prosthetics to achieve the look. Start with a green base makeup to cover your face and neck. Then, use black and brown eyeshadows to create the hollows around your eyes and nose. You can also add some stitches and scars using liquid eyeliner or face paint. For the mouth, you can use prosthetic pieces or paint it on with black makeup.
To complete your Oogie Boogie costume, you'll need to add some finishing touches. For the hands, you can either use green gloves or paint your hands and nails with green makeup. You can also add some bugs and insects to your costume to make it even more terrifying.
If you're looking for a more feminine touch to your Oogie Boogie costume, you can create a female version by adding a green tutu skirt or leggings and a corset top made from burlap fabric.
Oogie Boogie Cosplay
Playing the character of Oogie Boogie from The Nightmare Before Christmas requires a bit of acting and some special touches. Here are some tips on how to act like Oogie Boogie at a Halloween party:
- Be menacing: Oogie Boogie is known for being a villain, so make sure to play up the menacing and threatening aspects of the character. Practice a deep, gravelly voice to make your voice sound more intimidating.
- Be playful: Oogie Boogie also has a playful side, so don't be afraid to have some fun with your character. Dance around, cackle, and make mischief, just like Oogie Boogie does in the movie.
- Use your body language: Oogie Boogie is a large, burlap sack filled with bugs, so use your body language to convey that. Move in a fluid, jiggling way, and exaggerate your movements to give the impression that you are stuffed with bugs.
- Be unpredictable: Oogie Boogie is an unpredictable character, so don't be afraid to surprise people. Sneak up on party-goers, pop out from behind corners, or engage in impromptu dance battles. Keep people on their toes.
- Have fun: Above all, remember that Halloween is a time to have fun. Embrace your inner Oogie Boogie and have a blast at the party.
Oogie Boogie Halloween Costume
In conclusion, an Oogie Boogie costume is perfect for anyone who wants to be a little bit scary this Halloween. Whether you choose to make your own DIY version or purchase one, just remember to have fun and enjoy the holiday!