The holiday season is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than by dressing up as Santa Claus? But why settle for a traditional Santa costume when you can put a spin on it with the Violent Santa look from the movie Violent Night? In this movie, David Harbour portrays a dark and brooding Santa who is far from the jolly and benevolent figure we typically see.
David Harbour Santa Claus Costume
You will need the following items for your Violent Night Santa Claus Halloween costume:
- Violent Night Santa Claus Jacket
- Strap-Leather Vest
- Santa Claus Pant
- Fake Beard and Mustache
- Gold Rimmed Round Costume Glasses
- Santa Hat
- Stage Blood
- Long Fake Plastic Sledge Hammer
- Knee High Boots for Men
- Violent Night Santa Claus Halloween Costume
David Harbour plays a pessimistic, aggressive, and bloodthirsty Santa Claus in the Violent Night. He is a rude and angry man who has lost all faith in people because of a long and ever-growing naughty list. However, he also has a tainted past. Before he donned the red hat, the man was once a fierce warrior in need of redemption. His ability to fight the bad guys can be compared to how John Wick is drawn out of retirement.
Get the look of Santa from Violent Night by dressing in a leather Santa jacket, Santa trousers, and a Santa hat. Let people tell you apart from all other Santas by getting a fake sledgehammer, a pair of black boots, and a brown leather vest or chest armor.
Get some of your friends to dress up as The Grinch, Bad Santa, Mean Girls, Buddy the Elf, Cindy Lou Who, Kevin and Pigeon Lady from Home Alone, Ellen Griswold, Jack Skellington, Oogie Boogie, and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas for the best Christmas party ever.
How To Dress Like Santa From Violent Night
Harbour's Santa Claus is a pessimistic and aggressive man who has lost faith in humanity, thanks to an ever-growing naughty list. He's a warrior who has had a tainted past, and his fighting skills can be compared to that of John Wick. This version of Santa is rude, angry, and bloodthirsty, making him a unique and exciting character to portray.
If you want to channel your inner Violent Santa this holiday season, here's what you need to do. Start by getting a leather Santa jacket, which is a key element of the costume. This jacket is a darker and edgier take on the classic red and white Santa coat and will help you stand out from all the other Santas out there.
Pair the jacket with some Santa trousers and a Santa hat, both in traditional red and white colors. However, make sure to add a twist by choosing a Santa hat that is slightly different from the typical ones. This will help you stand out and give you a more menacing look.
To complete the look, get yourself a fake sledgehammer and a pair of black boots. The sledgehammer is a reference to Santa's violent tendencies in the movie, and the boots help to give you an overall tough and rugged appearance. Finally, add a brown leather vest or chest armor to give the outfit some extra edge and depth.
When it comes to makeup, you can go with a more natural look or add some dark circles under your eyes to give the impression of a tired and worn-out Santa. You can also add some faux facial hair to complete the look.
In conclusion, if you're looking to add some excitement and edge to your Santa Claus costume, the Violent Santa look from the movie Violent Night is an excellent choice. With a leather Santa jacket, Santa trousers, and Santa hat, along with a fake sledgehammer, black boots, and brown leather vest or chest armor, you can easily pull off this unique and unforgettable costume. Happy holidays and have a violently merry Christmas!
Violent Santa Cosplay
If you're going to dress up as the Violent Santa from the movie Violent Night, you'll need to embody the character's dark and brooding personality. Here are some tips on how to act the part at your Halloween party:
- Stay in character: Once you're in your costume, make sure to stay in character throughout the night. This means adopting Santa's rough, aggressive demeanor, and channeling his disdain for humanity. Speak in a gruff voice, and be as rude and abrupt as the character would be.
- Use your props: Don't forget to use your props, especially the fake sledgehammer. Use it to add emphasis to your movements or to intimidate others at the party. Just make sure you use it safely and with caution.
- Make an entrance: When you arrive at the party, make a grand entrance. You can enter the room shouting "Ho Ho Ho" in a menacing tone or by ringing a bell. Make sure to be as dramatic and attention-grabbing as possible.
- Pose for photos: You're sure to attract attention in your unique costume, so be prepared for lots of photo requests. Use this opportunity to stay in character and strike some menacing poses for the camera.
- Interact with other guests: Although the Violent Santa is not the friendliest character, you can still interact with other party guests, as long as you do it in a way that stays true to the character. You can berate them for being on the naughty list, or you can give them a tongue lashing for not meeting your expectations.
Remember, the key to embodying the Violent Santa character is to stay in character, be bold and intimidating, and use your props to add to the drama. With these tips, you'll be the talk of the party and will definitely make an unforgettable impression as the Violent Santa from The Violent Night.